Vecima Announces New DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS Platform at INTX 2015
VICTORIA – (May 4, 2015) – Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX:VCM), an experienced designer and manufacturer of innovative technology in the broadband equipment market, is pleased to announce the introduction of the new Portico DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS (cable modem termination system) platform at INTX (the Internet and Television Expo) held in Chicago, Illinois from May 5-7, 2015. The Portico platform will be exhibited by Vecima during the annual cable industry event.
Cable operators are challenged today to meet growing demand for increased broadband speeds and are faced with daunting costs associated with either traditional CMTS architectures or wide scale physical plant upgrades. In deploying the new Portico platform, cable operators and other service providers can rapidly increase the speeds of broadband services at highly attractive price points per bit. Meanwhile, the platform can be deployed over already installed coaxial cable infrastructure.
The Portico platform provides:
- Up to 800 Mbps in downstream and 120 Mbps in upstream broadband Internet capacity to a single residential neighborhood, commercial property or apartment complex using one rack unit
- Scalability to 5 Gbps of downstream throughput with multiple platforms
- Connectivity to state of the art DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems capable of delivering over 300 Mbps downstream to an individual subscriber
- The ability to utilize the existing installed base of coaxial wiring in many properties to support broadband speed increases, avoiding the extreme costs associated with fiber infrastructure installation within the property
- An attractive alternative to large, complex, and significantly costly CMTS solutions
- Turnkey deployment incorporating cable modem and network management functions as well as embedded DHCP and TFTP servers
Vecima has a long track record of delivering excellent customer support as proven over tens of thousands of platforms deployed in commercial properties at cable operators worldwide. For over 25 years, Vecima’s cable support team has provided on site troubleshooting, continual software support and rapid turnaround time in resolving deployment issues.
Numerous service provider trials of the Portico platform are underway.
Visit Vecima at INTX booth 1308 to discuss the Portico and other exciting platforms Vecima is delivering to the cable market.
About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX:VCM) designs, manufactures and sells products that enable broadband access to cable, wireless and telephony networks. Vecima’s hardware products incorporate original embedded software to meet the complex requirements of next-generation, high-speed digital networks. Service providers use Vecima’s solutions to deliver services to a converging worldwide broadband market, including what are commonly known as “triple play” (voice, video and data) and “quadruple play” (voice, video, data and wireless) services. Vecima’s solutions allow service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively bridge the final network segment that connects the system directly to end users, commonly referred to as “the last mile”, by overcoming the bottleneck resulting from insufficient carrying capacity in legacy, last mile infrastructures. Vecima’s products are directed at two principal markets: Converged Wired Solutions and Broadband Wireless. The Company has also developed and continues to focus on developing products to address emerging markets such as Voice over Internet Protocol, fibre to the home and IP video. More information is available at our website at www.vecima.com.
Back to all Press Releases