Vecima to Showcase Future-Ready Solutions at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2021
Victoria, B.C. – (October 11, 2021) – Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX: VCM) announced today that it will exhibit its latest advancements at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2021 virtual event, showcasing the industry’s single, strongest portfolio of service provider network access products for cable and fiber, as well as its next-generation IPTV solutions. Executives from Vecima have been selected to participate in five sessions discussing technological advancements in the cable industry and share their knowledge on upcoming innovations that are being developed to enable the next era of broadband connectivity and content distribution.
“Vecima remains focused on our mission to empower network service providers to connect people and enterprises to information and entertainment worldwide,” said Sumit Kumar, President and CEO of Vecima Networks. “As a company, we’ve achieved tremendous financial and technological growth in the last year, even in the midst of a global pandemic. Our vision to enable limitless connections to fuel infinite growth of knowledge, innovation, and prosperity is more relevant today than ever before.”
From the Vecima Experience Studio, Vecima’s thought leaders will stream live and interactive meetings demonstrating the following:
- The Entra™ Unified Access portfolio, including Virtualized Control and DAA, focused on 10G and beyond Cable and Fiber Access
- The world’s first commercially available Generic Access Platform (GAP) node, the EN9000, supporting use cases for Cable, Fiber, and Wireless Access
- Our latest Remote MACPHY access module, the EMM324, which supports multiple, widely deployed Cable Access nodes with industry leading 4×4 segmentation density
- Our massively scalable, next-generation IPTV platform trusted to deliver video to 132 million subscribers with turn-key, pre-integrated solutions for VOD, Linear, Start Over, Catch-Up TV, and nDVR services
- Our standards-based Open Cache system to deliver the ever-increasing amount of OTT video, gaming, software updates, and other bulk CDN traffic inside your network to relieve congestion and improve customer quality of experience
The Fall Technical Forum at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® serves as the cable telecommunication industry’s record of breakthrough advances in technology. The forum embodies ideas that are new, problem-solving in nature, and dedicated to advancing the underlying science of the cable and telecommunications business. As part of the 2021 Fall Technical Forum, five Vecima industry experts authored, or co-authored, technical papers selected to be presented in the following workshops:
- MAC and MEC: Using the Edge
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM EDT
Doug Johnson, Principal Software Architect, starts the session with details about the Flexible MAC Architecture (FMA), a Distributed Access Architecture that enables new ways of deploying DOCSIS functions at different locations along the access network.
- So Many More Control Knobs! Optimizing Upstream Performance with DOCSIS 4.0
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM EDT
Rex Coldren, Principal Access Architect, will discuss the latest in leakage detection for the upstream. If your job is to figure out how to wring more bits out of the upstream while planning for its (wider!) future, this session is for you.
- Is Fiber the Key to Transport Convergence?
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM EDT
Colin Howlett, Chief Technology Officer, will cover how coherent, point-multipoint optical transport, using subcarrier aggregation, is coming to the rescue in cases where capacity and reach are paramount — but hamstrung by high device counts or challenging geographic distribution.
- Rural Broadband: Takin’ it to the Farms!
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Noll, Principal Access Architect, will cover why rural broadband is the most important societal technology issue of our time, and will illuminate the financial opportunities and incentives that enable universally acceptable broadband Internet to become a reality.
- The Distro on Distributed Access Architecture (DAA): Lessons on the N+0 Journey
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM EDT
Colin Howlett, Chief Technology Officer, focuses on the world’s largest Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) footprint (in homes connected and the number of digital nodes), and covers Flexible MAC Architecture using Remote MACPHY (RMD).
To learn more about the workshops, visit https://s19.a2zinc.net/clients/ezscte/ex21/Public/Sessions.aspx?nav=true&SuperTrackID=4.
Meet with Vecima next week in the virtual domain to experience Vecima’s Future-Ready solutions. To schedule your virtual experience, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. is a global leader focused on developing integrated hardware and scalable software solutions for broadband access, content delivery, and telematics. We enable the world’s leading innovators to advance, connect, entertain, and analyze. We build technologies that transform content delivery and storage, enable high‑capacity broadband network access, and streamline data analytics. For more information, please visit our website at www.vecima.com.
Investor Relations – 250-881-1982
Back to all Press Releases
Contact Investor Relations
Vecima Networks Inc.
771 Vanalman Avenue, Victoria, BC V8Z-3B8. Canada
Phone: (250) 881-1982 Fax: (250) 881-1974