About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX: VCM) is leading the global evolution to the multi-gigabit, content-rich networks of the future. Our talented people deliver future-ready software, services, and integrated platforms that power broadband and video streaming networks, monitor and manage transportation, and transform experiences in homes, businesses, and everywhere people connect.
We help our customers evolve their networks with cloud-based solutions that deliver ground-breaking speed, superior video quality, and exciting new services to their subscribers. There is power in connectivity – it enables people, businesses, and communities to grow and thrive.
Vecima led the industry to Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) and video-on-demand, introduced large scale commercial and hospitality video, and led many of the entertainment and connectivity innovations we use in our homes and businesses every day.
We were founded in 1988 and are proudly based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. We have more than 500 innovators serving over 250 customers around the world-and we are growing fast.
Power in connectivityTM
Vecima Networks was founded in 1988 in Saskatoon, SK under the name Wavecom Electronics Inc. by Dr. Surinder Kumar, professor and holder of the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council’s Industrial Chair in Telecommunications at the University of Saskatchewan. Its first commercial products were a line of modulators for the cable television industry which proved vital in the new and emerging Internet and cable markets. The company grew rapidly over the next several decades, at one point with more than 50% of the high-speed internet-over-cable data traffic in the world being transmitted across devices manufactured by Vecima.
- 2022 Vecima and Bluepeak Announce Industry’s First Cloud-Based Distributed Access Architecture Controller Deployed on AWS
- 2021 Vecima scoops up ATX’s ‘GAP’ node tech
- 2020 Vecima Awarded SCTE•ISBE Chairman’s Advanced Technology Award in Network Hardware for Advancements in 10G
- 2020 Vecima Networks completes purchase of DOCSIS Distributed Access Architecture and EPN/DPOE
- 2020 Vecima Wins Two 2020 Broadband Technology Report (BTR) Diamond Technology Review Awards
- 2017 Vecima acquires Concurrent, a video content delivery and storage company
- 2017 Vecima sells YourLink to Xplornet
- 2016 Vecima acquires Contigo Systems Inc., a telematics company
- 2013 Vecima announces appointment of Sumit Kumar to position of CEO
- 2008 Vecima signs supply agreement with Cisco Systems
- 2007 Vecima acquires Spectrum Signal Processing
- 2006 VCom changes its name to Vecima Networks Inc.
- 2005 VCom wins the Advancing Technology award at BC Export Awards
- 2005 VCom transitions to a public company – VCM on the TSX
- 2003 VCom acquires YourLink, a wireless service provider
- 2003 Wavecom changes name to VCom Inc.
- 1998 Corporate Headquarters relocated to Victoria, BC
- 1990 First commercial products include a line of modulators for the cable television industry
- 1988 Wavecom Electronics Inc. is founded and incorporated by Dr. Surinder Kumar