Vecima (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for the stable operation of the organization’s server infrastructure which includes hardware (blade servers, rack servers, storage arrays and tape libraries) and software (Microsoft Windows, Linux and VMWare). They are also responsible for the organization’s email, email security, anti-virus and hardware/system monitoring.
Duties & Responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for all aspects of server management. Including installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, documentation, performance, security management and disaster recovery
- Support, analyze and resolve technical problems related to the operation of the server hardware and software including VMware, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Ubuntu Linux, DHCP and DNS servers, and other critical systems to ensure that the availability of services are maximized
- Create system documentation during implementation and maintain documentation as system changes are made
- Define, monitor and perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval
- Develop, establish and test disaster recovery procedures for the restoration of servers and the storage infrastructure in the event of a disruption
- Conduct research and make recommendations on server hardware, storage infrastructure, services and standards in support of technology solutions for the organization
- Accountable for staying current on the latest products and technologies, security threats and advisories, relevant patches and upgrades for the server infrastructure and storage area networks
- Plan and coordinate system utilization, reporting, maintenance, and perform growth analysis and capacity planning of the storage array
- Responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the IT help desk system and IT monitoring and configuration tools
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Provide support as required and mentor or train members of IT with solving difficult technical problems and provide technical guidance on solutions
- Provide input into the departmental budget for IT
- Work in a 24/7 environment and participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of experience with enterprise infrastructure in a medium or large organization
- Typically requires a minimum 2 year diploma from a recognized institution in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of recent and relevant education, training and experience
- Current certifications such as VCP, MCSE, CCNA, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network +, Linux+ are an asset
- Knowledge in the administration and use of the following: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Ubuntu Linux and VMWare ESXi, Cisco network switches and backup systems
- Knowledge of Storage array use and configuration, SPAM filters, inner workings of an IT help desk, and creating system documentation
- Analyzes problem by gathering and organizing all relevant information
- Identifies cause and effect relationships
- Comes up with appropriate solutions
- Takes personal responsibility for job performance
- Completes work in a timely and consistent manner
- Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job
- Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction
- Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information
- Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives
- Uses sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed
- Considers all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action
Vecima has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as Senior Technical Analyst, we want to hear from you!
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.